Sunday 20 February 2011

More Blood, Sweat and Tears

Last week I was down in Huddersfield for the day and a gig to help with and then watch "Blood, Sweat and Tears" by BalletLorent at the Lawrence Batley Theatre. They've no crew available to op the show at Bridlington so I was there to learn it for this one off!
At DC we have a Congo Jr... BL have just bought a ETC ION... they are not even remotely similar :/ I've notes from watching Matt operate the Ion but they have been slow to sink in. As a refresher I thought I'd install the EOS software on my PC.. when I noticed that it'd work in OS X, sweet... that would be much preferable.
Here's the top of the show:
ETC Ion screen shot
All of a sudden I'm less afraid as the operating system won't be so alien now and my notes make sense again! :)
With a bit of luck - actually - I'd be really unlucky if it works out to be otherwise... I'll just have to patch, refocus the movers, check haze and and then run the show :)
Hopefully there will be a post in early march saying all was fine?!

No comments:

Post a Comment