Friday 4 March 2011

Yesterday's Trouble!

Wilo Pumps in the DC plant room
So yesterday morning I was woken up by a phone call from Dance City's AD with email server problems. We tried sorting it over the VPN but in the end a local hard reset was what was required.
But I couldn't avoid coming in as he also informed me that the plant had shut down due to a leak and so there was no heat... worse still was that the janitor was about to have a go fixing it!!
I arrived to find leaks from the 3 of the 4 sets of Wilo  pumps you can see, but with most water coming from an expansion joint. I isolated this, the on call engineer from Integral fixed it later.
I spend more time in this room than I feel I want to... and why does the plant always break down when the operations manager is away.

No comments:

Post a Comment