Thursday 9 December 2010

Sorting a PA installation (again)

I still have a few legacy jobs that I just can't seem to shift. Here's one of them, although to be fair considering the time it's been in - it's not really so much trouble.
Alvino's Bar is probably my best installation. This would be due to the fact that I really didn't want to do it so stood my ground on budgets for equipment.
It's a zoned system.
Main PA is RCF Accoustica series... top notch,  powerful, passive boxes in a small tidy enclosure.
JBL contractor series in ceiling speakers, great dispersion and ease on installation.
Yamaha P series amps. Awesome value for money, attractive with some nice touches.
DBX brains: a Zonepro 640 and a Driverack PA.
It's the 640 that holds it all together. It adds remote control, all the delays, and auto leveling.

 The 640 that I installed is serial only for programming which is a bit of a faff these days. Plus the software is windows only... hence the bootcamp and prey the usb serial drivers work! Which they did very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment